Wednesday, June 16, 2004

And I stand on the summit

So I took my last final today, C++ 2. Overall the test wasn't so hard, in fact I think I did better on this final that I have on any previous exams, ,of course most of the questions were short answer, so my hands where gnarled and arthritic in appearance by the time I had finished.
Of course, today was also a day for good byes, many of my friends are graduating now, but it hasn't really sunk in that I won't see them anymore. I'm sure that at least through the miracle of IM we will stay in some sort of communication however. I actually met a new person today, which is something normally reserved for first days, not last ones, but I'm not going to complain.
Finding a fellow geek at DeVry should be like finding sand on the beach, unfortunately it seems to be more akin to finding water in the desert, an arduous task reserved for the insane and the desperate.

I have some new ideas for my latest book, but at the same time I wonder if this split in my attention is leading to an inevitable failure to produce any single thing. My many muses come and go, each an erratic drug addict, and thoughs pour instead of drip until my mind is full no more and I dig deeper into my soul. I am so not here.

With the moon rise my fatigue dies, and I'm born again anew, so I bid you adue, I will visit again when the sun sets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home